The Associate of Applied Sciences in eSports Management prepares students with the unique knowledge, skills, and experiences to be leaders in the eSports industry. As an Associate of Applied Science, the program and courses will enable the student to gain theoretical and practical knowledge important for employment immediately upon graduation.
By focusing primarily on the business side of the industry, it provides a foundation on the business of eSports, leadership, strategic planning, strategic decision making, communication, marketing, online communities, team development, and entrepreneurship. It exposes students to real-life scenarios, expert knowledge, and cutting-edge technology and practices to give them a marked advantage in the marketplace.
Program Student Learning goals
- Students will develop an understanding of the history, evolution, culture, careers, community, and the business of eSports and the online gaming industry.
- Students will learn how to plan and execute eSports tournaments or events of any scale utilizing the latest in streaming technology.
- Students will develop a business plan for a team, online community, event, or any other opportunity geared towards the eSports audience.
- Students will understand the place and contribution of marketing in an organization, define markets, describe consumer behavior, and develop an integrated marketing communications plan.
- Students will demonstrate an understanding of the legal environment of business by exploring the concepts of business law, terminology, ethics, and its applications.
- Students will demonstrate an understanding of leadership and its approaches, organization design, change and innovation, and structural controls.
- Students will articulate how their faith informs their career, leadership style, decision making, communication skills/strategies, and the enhancement of the community (socially, politically, economically, and spiritually).